Monday, April 20, 2009

Stormy Weather

Tornado sirens wailed again in Atlanta. Kids were roused out of bed and rushed to the basement as a 'possible' tornado swept by us. It was about 1-2 miles away.

Reports of damage started coming in a few minutes ago. A small newborn was injured when a tree fell on a family's house not far from here. Like us, they had little warning. The sirens by our house didn't go off until the thing was almost on top of us.

Fortunately for us I was watching the radar on my iPhone and had gone outside just before it hit. I could hear the sirens from Cobb county to our south. Vic and I went ahead and got the girls jackets and shoes by the basement door just to be ready. Good move on our part.

So now I'm standing guard by the TV and Vic's sleeping with the little ones. Hopefully, this will only last a little while longer.

No comments: