Friday, August 8, 2008

More Love

My check up with the surgeon was today. I had been told my nose would be buffed, using sterile sandpaper. Yep, exactly like it sounds. They'd numb up my nose, then commence sanding my nose like a dry wall repair in a college frat house.

I was all prepared for this. All prepared for the shot to numb my nose, the weird feeling of someone sanding flesh from my nose, the need for more bandages, neosporin, more blood, more healing.

And of course,,,,,,,,none of this happened. My nose is doing so good, it doesn't need the buffing. BUT,,,,,,it has other problems. A little too much swelling,,,,,,,stitches haven't dissolved yet,,,,,,some subcutaneous bruising. So,,,,,another course of action is required.

A big, long, fat, sharp needle (remember, it's between my eyes, so it looks humongous), was inserted into one spot to drain blood. Then,,,,to bring down swelling, 7, countem, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 cortisone shots are 'gently' inserted into my nose. That's right, the doc was showing me some cortisone love.

Unlike the shots in my elbow which really didn't hurt, this was QUITE PAINFUL. I'm pretty sure at some point he struck bone. I'm really sure he did.

But,,,,, I'm ok now. Just needed a little nap. Some TLC from my gentle loving kids and I'll be fine.

Like that'll happen. :)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

EWWWWWWWW.....makes me shudder just thinking about it! Hopefully the worst part is OVER!