Friday, May 16, 2008

Excellent Friday

I had the pleasure of having lunch with Joe Reger this afternoon. While we email back and forth almost daily I haven't seen him since the summer of 2004 and we live less than 20 miles apart. Such is the life we lead I suppose. What was really great is that with my work schedule and family commitments I rarely get away from my desk for lunch, so this was a real treat. Joe has a pic posted on his site of course, just follow the link above. I know I'm still huge, but hey, I've lost almost 40lbs this year, think about what I looked like in Jan.

I had some questions from Steph regarding my previoius post, so I'll provide a little update on my facelift. :)

The procedure will stretch some of my forehead down to my nose and connect it there. (Think Mr. Fantastic from Fantastic Four) The doc will use this flesh (sounds morbid doesn't it) to rebuild the nose. I have to wear some sort of mask to keep it in place, but by doing this it keeps direct blood flow going to site. After 3-4 weeks the connection is severed in another procedure. How he does this, details, I have no idea.

As for exercises, I know for 3-4 days I'm supposed to be very still. But afterward and I can do lite walking. No running, weights or activity which increases heart rate or blood pressure. So I guess I'll have to attend conference calls doing about 2.5 mph on a treadmill. 8 hours of that a day should burn some calories at least. :)

In light of my situation, I'd like to encourage everyone out there to see a dermatologist and get checked out. Especially if you're outdoors a lot working, playing and exercising.

In other news, Hailey lost another tooth last night. Actually, it was so loose I is just tied some pink thread on it and yanked it out of her mouth. She was so happy. Of course the Tooth Fairy visited last night and left her $2. I only remember getting a dime for mine.



On the Vic front, she's feeling a bit better today. Very tired. I sent her to the massage therapist, so she's ready to pass out now. I'm hoping this will help her have a good weekend.

And of course, I have to throw some pics of my other two in lest my Mother-in-Law smack me in the back of the head.






That's all for now.

1 comment:

StephB said...

Ugh, I'm so sorry you have to do this surgery. It does sound very cool, though - very cutting edge (no pun intended).