Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Once More into the Breech

Me and the girls ran to Zaxby's to get dinner. Vic was upstairs asleep.
We got home, the sun was bright, but to the north the sky was dark.

We got inside, unpacked dinner and I got the girls dinner set out on the table. I sent Hay upstairs to wake her Mother real quick and as soon as Vic got down stairs the tornado sirens went off.

We looked outside and the sun was shining, but it was still dark to the north. So we packed up dinner and herded the now crying little girls down stairs to the basement.

I turned on the basement TV and watched Glenn Burns on WSB TV to see what was happening.

Nothing happened for a while, then we got tremendous wind and rain,,,,,more sirens,,,,,,more crying,,,,,,,,then the power went out. So I had to switch to WSB Radio. They said a tornado was suspected just 1/2 mile from our house on Rope Mill Rd. It got dark, windy, then the hail started. But thank God, that's all, at least for us.

After it passed I went outside and heard nothing but sirens for 15 minutes. All close and headed just north of our house. About an hour later a Georgia Power truck pulled in front of our house. I went out and spoke with the driver. He said there was a lot of damage just north of us, but he was being paged a lot (no surprise) and couldn't talk.

So at this point, all I can say is that we are safe. I can only pray the souls north of us are as well.

Good night all.

2 comments:

StephB said...

That was a scary storm. I finished my run just ahead of it and we heard the sirens for the first time. Golf ball-sized hail though - I'll post a photo.

Nat said...

I think we were at the south end of it. We had hail but it was sunny and raining and windy. The kids were having dinner so I made them take their plates at eat on the basements steps. Carmella was worried and Beau was excited at yet another potential oportunity to see a tornado.