Monday, May 19, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Yesterday was a pretty good day. It was my parents 51st wedding anniversary. Pretty cool. Not many people in this day and age can say they've been together that long. I made up a Happy Anniversary song, taught it to the girls, we rehearsed then called up my folks and serenaded them. It was nice. Except Alyssa and Gracie wouldn't stop singing at the end of the song. Just kept going on and on and on. Giggling and laughing of course.

I took Hay to see the new Narnia movie yesterday afternoon. Here are my thoughts:
1. WAY too long. It was good, but not good enough to be over 2 1/2 hours.
2. WAY too violent for kids. This is not the first Narnia movie. The first scene is a women giving birth. Many men and animals killed by sword and arrows.
3. Ripped off other movies.
- The water scene is a rip from Lord of the Rings
- The mouse is a rip from Shrek's Puss n Boots
4. The acting was pretty bad, especially the kid playing Peter.
5. The special effects were phenomenal. Really very cool.
Oh well. It'll rake in $500M and I'm sure another 1 or 2 will be made.

All for now.

No comments: