Thursday, April 10, 2008

And So It Goes

When I was a kid, I yearned for the day I could be like my Dad and Grandpa and get on the riding lawn mower and mow that yard. I wanted to drive around, cutting the grass, in command, in charge, the master of my little domain.

Then one day they let me mow the yard on that riding lawn mower. Taught me all about how to use it, change gears, adjust the deck height, maintain the machine and most importantly how to mow the yard so I could do it my self. I was in command, in charge, the master of my little domain and I liked it.

As the years went by this turned into a nice little business for me to make extra money. I'd mow our yard and my Grandpa's yard. I'd use the riding and the push lawn mowers and eventually the weed eater. I was in command, in charge, the master of my domain and I liked it.

Yesterday amidst a pollen count of 1 x 10 to the 35th power I had to weed eat and mow my yard. I don't have allergies, but the dust and pollen and who knows what other crap that was thrown into the atmosphere nearly killed me. I wanted to turn my headlights on and it was still daylight. How I was able to breath during this is still a mystery and this morning my lungs feel like they're full of saw dust. BUT, I'm in command, in charge, the master of my domain.

And so it goes.

No comments: