Monday, March 17, 2008

St Patty's Day

You'd think I would have learned my lesson in grade school. Wear green on St Patty's Day. But nooooo. I took a day off from work today, first time I've done that in a long time. I liked it, may have to do it again. Anyway, where was I, oh yes, Green. I was very relaxed, not really paying attention to things like the color of my clothing.

So Hailey comes home from school and enters my office. She starts checking me out like a piece of meat. I'm curious, but clueless. I turn my head back to the computer screen. That's when the pain hit me. The sharp, searing pain of little 8 yr old fingers pinching the back side of your arm. And through the pain I hear her sweet, angelic voice, "You're not wearing green! "

Yep, guilty. Not gonna let that one happen again.

No comments: